Just for some it may involve a higher walking/running ratio than others.
So, in short it's not too late but can you feel more at ease?...
Yes - definitely!
Let me explain.
Having the right lead up to race day is what will make or break your race!
- Have a balanced diet and keep well hydrated
- Increase mileage sensibly - rule of thumb 10% increase each week
- Recovery is KEY: to stay pain-free regularly foam roll or use a lacrosse ball to get stuck into those feet, calves, quads and hammies
- See our two favourite release exercises for runners below!
- Warm up dynamically - say cya later to static stretches!
- Its easy to get caught up and run faster but it's best to try to slow down and keep pace
- Cool down after the run
- Eat some well-deserved food post run! (eg chicken parmi, pizza... you've earnt it!)
- After the race, treat yourself to a recovery massage (we have amazing massage therapists)
- If you’re buying new shoes, do it ASAP!
- Put new shoes to the test in store - walk and run in them
- If they’re uncomfortable in store, they’re unlikely to be comfortable always!
Fear not, you can definitely stop a blister in it's tracks from here on!